Monday, January 7, 2008

Dad Duty

Day 1: 7:42 AM My first day staying at home with my son. This is soo awesome, I can't wait to start spending time with Eli during my leave (FMLA). My lovely wife brought him into our bed and laid him down by me before she left for work. I wondered why she brought him in our bed if he was asleep in the crib. I had just been up at 6:00 to feed him and thought he would sleep for a couple more hours without waking up. No matter as he drifted right back asleep. Sweet, now I am going to get up to figure out this blogging thing... 8:30 AM. So much for getting up early but Eli is still sleeping peacefully. Time to get up and start my new responsibilities as a stay at home Dad.

General Events of the day:

Make Coffee.

Make Bottles. 5 of them! Make more less often that is my evil plan.

Make breakfast. Normally it is just cereal or toast and out the door, but I spotted some chicken sausage I bought almost two weeks ago that needs to be thrown out and figured I would just cook it extra long to make it safe. Of course I need some scrambled eggs to go with the sausage and oh and some leftover Vermont cheddar from the cheese and wine party. Some wheat toast and Bam! Huge ass breakfast!

Take dirty diapers outside for diaper service for pick up.

Make Eli some tasty organic cereal and carrots.

Wake Eli, change dirty diaper and clean said dirtiness from Eli's butt, taint, sac, and wiener area.
Feed Eli. Crap this takes longer then I expected. I hope I am not late for his Dr. apt.

Like the carrot stache?

I had exactly 30 minutes to get both of us dressed and out the door to make his Dr. apt. a feat that should take way less then 30 minutes but somehow this takes much longer. I get him in his car seat and back out of the driveway and arrive at the Dr. only one or two minutes late. Success in my book.

Back in the driveway at Noon and Eli is asleep. So back into the crib he goes for a nap that only lasts for twenty minutes tops.

Eli wakes up. Change Diaper. Eat leftover Chili

Feed Eli.

Change Diaper. More poo.

Go to Gym. Remember as I walk to the front desk that the Kid's Club is closed from 12:00-4:00. Good times.

Go back home. decide to go for a run. Get the mighty BOB jogging stroller from the garage, bundle up Eli with stocking cap, mittens and blanket and run for 15 minutes realizing that leftover chili is best after running not before. Come back early. Put Stroller away.

Feed Eli. Entertain him by playing "All of me" a few times with my acoustic before starting dinner prep and... My wife opens the door an hour earlier then I expected. I'm sure she thought I was playing the guitar all day and Eli's diaper was overflowing. Good day overall. Tomorrow I shall play guitar all day. j/k

No comments: